Today is a day when the world celebrates passion and true love. Today is when people from all over the globe sing the song of care, love, dedication and devotion to the most beautiful creatures that are mothers. We owe most part of our happiness to them. Mother’s stand by you when times are harsh, mother’s laugh with you, dance with you, educate you and they never let you fall. Never. Ever.
But today are you letting your mother know that she means the world to you or the world know that your mother means to you? Are you putting a card under her pillow to let her know that you love her or are you putting up a status on Facebook to let the world know that you love her?
Here are reasons why you shouldn’t wish your mother on social media today.
- It’s very uncool. You’re just putting up that status on Facebook to impress people by letting ‘them’ know that you care for your mother. Bullshit.
- It’s a waste of time. The amount of time you kill to write that ‘heart-touching’ and ‘heart warming’ message can be converted into something one can call ‘Gratitude’ in real life.
- Your mother won’t know. Yes. The world can see your message up there but what about your mother? Oh! She’s on Facebook too?! Tell me the difference between a Facebook wish and a person to person wish!
- It’s stupid. Changing your profile pictures to the one with your mother? Tell me where was the love the rest of the year.
- It’s a virtual wish. What if your mother wished you a happy birthday on Facebook and didn’t even care to dine with you or call you on your special day?
So, if you really love your mom find the time to treat her today. Find the time to love her, hug her and tell her that she’s the most wonderful woman on the planet. Tell her that even though she’s aging, she looks afresh to you every year. Gift her a card and not an e-card. Write to her what she means to you and give that note to her with a smile. Kiss her and find the time to listen to her stories just as you did when you didn’t even know how to tie your shoe lace.
Do all of it today – in person and witness your mother happier than ever. Happy mother’s day!