Some of us are very sensitive. We are too afraid of losing people or hurting them. It doesn’t go with our personality and we don’t really encourage being rude to people. But that shouldn’t be taken as a weakness or lack of courage. We are just..too human. But there are also some situations in which we should never be sorry. Even though it doesn’t fit into our conscience to hurt anyone around us, we should never be sorry. Here are 7 such situations.
1. Being weird. We should never be sorry for not being normal and just being a little weird. You know who’s weird? Astronauts. Saints. Nobel Prize winners. Scientists. People with hobbies you’ve never heard of or are afraid to try. People who speak their minds. People with both problems and (gasp) solutions. People who are (enviably) not like you. Being weird means being noticeably different. It means being or doing something that makes other people stare, or laugh, applaud, or boo. And it’s something we all need to cultivate. And weird is wonderful
2. Being honest. Honesty is a priceless gift. If you are honest, the world will respect you ‘eventually’. Initially, they may hate you or demean you, but deep down they wish they had the same courage as you.
3. Confessing your love. The second best gift you can give to a person is your confession that you love them. The first best gift is not regretting the confession. You should never feel sorry if you love someone. Tell them and let it be. Don’t be sorry. Ever.
4. Missing a dinner with your friends because you stayed at home with your parents. Never be sorry for this. Your parents deserve more of ‘you’ any day!
5. Giving opinion on a topic you strongly feel about. No matter what people say afterwards, you shouldn’t ever apologize for saying what you wanted to say. Chuck them if they don’t understand. But never apologize for the words you that mark their way straight from the heart.
6. Doing the things you love. You might like fishing. But your friends might not like fishing. Does that make you apologize for being yourself? Noway. Never ever do that. Do what you love and do it often. You don’t owe an apology to the world for being yourself.
7. Failure. Never apologize that you failed. Failure is temporary. It is the condiment that gives success its flavor. So don’t be disheartened and apologize because you failed but be courageous to stand up and bite back!
Last but not the least, never apologize for giving your time to things you feel for. They somehow make us who we are.