The Joys of Walking: 5 Easy Steps!
I write this one out of personal experience, I love walking particularly in places where there are trees on both sides of the road and best is when they create shade right in the middle (very rare nowadays). I have been blessed to see beautiful places and enjoyed walking there. Uttarakhand is one of the few places which remain untouched by evils of pollution and construction.
You too can find that bliss near you, a few easy steps, is all it takes:
- Breathe – We have forgotten that it is the most important thing to do. O2 in CO2 out it’s that easy. But it’s not just this. You need to breathe right. Did you know that because we are so caught up in our thoughts we don’t use the full potential of our lungs and end up feeling tired faster than we know?
- Walk straight – Exude confidence, what are you slouching about? Are you tired already? You are probably in your 20’s or 30’s; you have a long way to go. Also, a way to walk straight would be look ahead while walking and not at your shoes.
- Look Around – See the beautiful colors, I would probably suggest you take a walk where there are a lot of trees. See the flowers around, see the butterflies and the birds and please don’t Instagram each time. You are out on a walk and not on a photography assignment.
- Smile – It improves your face value. Smile at the people you pass, they’ll feel good and pass it on as well. Hell, you never know you make friends because you smiled and waved at them, sometimes someone might want to approach you but because of your stern looks they decide against it. Walking is not a punishment.
- Switch off your IPod- it will not be growing trees around you in the future. Stop the music, listen to what’s happening outside, talk to people on the way.
It’s okay to cut off for a while, this your “Me” time. Use it. The best part about going out for a walk all by yourself, is that time magically stops. It’s like even God wants you to take time, inhale the goodness, feel happy and spread happiness.
Nothing better than taking your dog along with you.
You can also use this time to “Think”!
So, I want you to put on your shoes and just GO!