I have a smart phone. Apparently, everybody has a smart phone these days. They are a great utility and an awesome tool that keep us connected and informed about almost everything that’s rolling in our life. And other’s. Mobile phones have revolutionized the way we live and perceive things around us. They have changed our living for the good and for the bad. We are connected to everyone and are a phone call or message away from every other person on the planet. It’s as simple. Never in the history the humans were so closely knit to each other. Technology has changed us. And quite literally.
Here are some tips to stay human while operating your smartphone.
1. Keep that check-in waiting. You are at a wonderful place. Find time to soak in the aroma of it. If that place is worth sharing with your folks, it sure is worth giving the time. Also, It feels wonderful when you have your eyes wide open and alive. Give yourself and your heart a moment to settle. Feel it. Cherish it. Check-in? Later!
2. The call can wait. What do you do when you’re with your family or loved one’s? You keep down that gadget and listen to them. Have you ever noticed that you’r mom’s ageing? Have you noticed that your dad seeks a hug from you or your sister or brother wants you to listen. And just listen? Do it for them. The call can wait !
3. Talk to people. In person. Always prefer talking to people in person instead of giving them a call. Somehow, humans are at their best when they look at each other and say what they want to say.
4. Don’t share too much. Don’t be that ass who updates “Having a pizza”. Don’t. Just don’t. When you’re having something delicious, taste it. I mean, literally! Don’t share too much about your life. Keep something reserved yourself.
5. Upload that picture later. It’s awesome what you can do with your mobile phones these days. Click and share instantly. But wait. Click a picture or two and wait. Enjoy the surroundings and worship the moment while you’re there. Feel it and live it and that’s all you should do until you’re there. Upload when you get home!
We have this amazing tool. But we should never be that person you see on the street busy on it. Don’t be a person who doesn’t have the time for that beggar who seeks a meal. Don’t be someone so busy in updating the check-in that you forget to check that the woman next to you needs your help.
I am not telling you that you’re wrong if you use your smartphones. It’s a requirement and a necessity. I am just reminding you, it’s a tool. And we are humans. Tools are used to make our life easier and not extract feelings out of our souls. We should not forget that at the end, we are people knitted with emotions and feelings and it’s not the tool but humanity that connects us and makes us who we are.