Here goes my list of favourite books. And I solemnly swear that I didn’t stick to the 10 year timeline here.
In no particular order:
1. Jonathan Livingston Seagull – Richard Bach ( A must-read for everyone)
2. One – Richard Bach (A book I would like to get married to as mentioned before I’ll slap you if you take that book away! )
“Looking for Alaska” – Awesome
6. Five People you meet in Heaven – Mitch Albom
Again I can’t leave out “Tuesdays with Morrie” A book I would’ve read before this one if I paid a little more attention.
7. Many Lives, Many Masters – Brian L. Weiss
8. To Kill a Mockingbird- Harper Lee
This book is phenomenal and has a story too. I bought it after hearing the mention in a song, started reading, found it boring initially, left it and then restarted as I wanted to know what’s special and I don’t regret it.
9. Alchemist – Poulo Coelho – The short stories in “Like the Flowing RIver” are equally awesome.
The most daring story ever. Mentioned in the blog before.
10. The Last Lecture – Randy Pausch – Again a must-read for everyone
Makes a beautiful gift too.
Special mention to The Harry Potter series (especially The Prizoner of Azkaban)
Yes people, I had not bought “The Sorcerers Stone” but “The Prizoner of Azkaban” before any other Harry Potter book (Haha)
& “Welcome to Advertising now get lost” – Omkar Sane
& a current favorite Totto Chan – The little girl at the window – Tetsuko Kuroyanagi
Teachers and Students all over the world should read this treasure.
Special Special Mention (SSM) – Calvin & Hobbes (My MBA classes should have featured them in the lectures)
No words can describe the awesomeness spread by these two maniacs.
Trust me it was super difficult to fit the best in this 10 point list. But there were several good things that happened while sharing these lists on Facebook, I found people with similar reading interests and added several to my to-read list. The best part is each book carries a story of how I found it, maybe read it immediately, fell in love with it at first sight, or kept them on the shelf for a long time and one day they called out to me magically. So there is a story for how I read each of these books mentioned above.
I now nominate people who read this list, to share their list in the comments.